Mission & Goals
The mission of the Office of Institutional Diversity is to provide institutional leadership to the focused effort to enhance and maintain a diverse and inclusive environment for learning, teaching, research and service at The University of Georgia. OID goals include:
- Providing leadership, guidance and support to the implementation of the UGA Diversity Plan.
- Enhancing diversity awareness and education through training and learning opportunities for faculty, students and staff throughout the university.
- Promoting awareness of UGA’s diversity efforts by supporting diversity related events across the UGA campuses.
- Establishing and defining strategic partnerships between the Office of Institutional Diversity and other units.
- Identifying and obtaining additional resources that will enhance and support institutional diversity endeavors.
The Office of Institutional Diversity seeks to ensure a University of Georgia where people of many different backgrounds and perspectives join together to actively advance knowledge. As a community dedicated to scholarship, research, instruction, and public service and outreach, we recognize the importance of respecting, valuing and learning from each other's differences while seeking common goals. The Office of Institutional Diversity will provide the leadership to establish the University of Georgia as a national and international model in creative ways to address diversity and equity issues in an academic setting.