Mission & Goals
The mission of the Office of Institutional Diversity is to provide institutional leadership to the focused effort to enhance and maintain a diverse and inclusive environment for learning, teaching, research and service at The University of Georgia. OID goals include:
- Providing leadership, guidance and support to the implementation of the UGA Diversity Plan.
- Enhancing diversity awareness and education through training and learning opportunities for faculty, students and staff throughout the university.
- Promoting awareness of UGA’s diversity efforts by supporting diversity related events across the UGA campuses.
- Establishing and defining strategic partnerships between the Office of Institutional Diversity and other units.
- Identifying and obtaining additional resources that will enhance and support institutional diversity endeavors.